Your cat has been prescribed spinosad for the treatment of flea infestations.
This information sheet is designed to help answer commonly asked questions and help you give the medication safely and effectively to your pet. It does not contain all available information for this medication. If you have other questions or need more information, contact your veterinarian or pharmacist. Always follow the dosing instructions provided by your veterinarian.
• Systemic parasiticide / insecticide.
• Administer with food or immediately after feeding.
• Do not give to cats younger than 14 weeks of age.
• Do not use in cats weighing less than 1.9 kg / 4.1 lbs as accurate dosing is not possible.
• Safety in breeding and pregnant cats has not been established.
• Safety in suckling kittens has not been established - do not use in nursing female cats.
• Use with caution in cats with pre-existing epilepsy.
• Treatment of your pet’s bedding and your home with a suitable environmental insecticide may be required.
• Dosage: once a month.