Your cat has been prescribed pregabalin for the management of seizures or for chronic neuropathic pain. Pregabalin may also be prescribed for the management of acute anxiety, eg associated with transport for veterinary consultation.
This information sheet is designed to help answer commonly asked questions and help you give the medication safely and effectively to your pet. It does not contain all available information for this medication. If you have other questions or need more information, contact your veterinarian or pharmacist. Always follow the dosing instructions provided by your veterinarian.
• Additional therapy for cats not responding to conventional anticonvulsant drugs.
• Treatment for chronic neuropathic pain.
• Commonly causes mild sedation in cats.
• In cats with kidney failure, drug may eliminate more slowly and reduced dose needed.
• Use with caution in pregnant animals.
• Use with caution in lactating queens.
• Dosage: usually two times daily.
• Avoid stopping medication suddenly.
• In some competitions the use of pregabalin is banned.