Your cat has been prescribed the active ingredient meloxicam to alleviate pain and inflammation caused by acute or chronic musculoskeletal disorders or to alleviate pain associated with orthopedic and soft tissue surgery.
• Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
• Do not use in cats less than 6 weeks of age.
• Do not give to pregnant or lactating cats.
• Dosage: oral dosing is preceded by a loading dose.
• The dose should be given with food.
• Particular care should be taken with the accuracy of dosing.
This information sheet is designed to help answer commonly asked questions and help you give the medication safely and effectively to your pet. It does not contain all available information for this medication. If you have other questions or need more information, contact your veterinarian or pharmacist.
Always follow the dosing instructions provided by your veterinarian.