Your cat has been prescribed Clomipramine for the treatment of a behavioral problem. This medication may be used to treat obsessive issues (such as tail chasing, fly biting, flank sucking and over grooming), separation anxiety, destructive behaviors and inappropriate urinating and/or defecating.
This information sheet is designed to help answer commonly asked questions and help you give the medication safely and effectively to your pet. It does not contain all available information for this medication. If you have other questions or need more information, contact your veterinarian or pharmacist.Always follow the dosing instructions provided by your veterinarian.
• A tricyclic antidepressant drug used as an aid to the treatment of behavioral issues in cats.
• Must be used in conjunction with behavioral modification techniques.
• Dosage: once daily.
• Give with or without food.
• Do not use in male breeding cats.
• Use cautiously in cats being treated for epilepsy.