- Most congenital and hereditary conditions have been reported in small numbers, thus there is no detailed understanding of their heritability.
- In most conditions the animals should not be used for breeding.
Disorders of the surface and follicular epithelium
Disorders of hairs and hair growth - structural defects of the hair shaft
Disorders of hairs and hair growth - congential hypotrichosis or alopecia
- Alopecic breeds ( Mexican Hairless Dog, Chinese Crested Dog, Inca Hairless Dog, Peruvian Inca Orchid, American Hairless Terrier, Abyssinian Dog, African Sand Dog, Turkish Naked Dog).
- Congenital hypotrichosis Skin: congenital hypotrichosis and alopecia.
Disorders of hairs and hair growth - tardive hypotrichosis or alopecia
Disorders of hairs and hair growth - miscellaneous
Disorders of pigmentation - hyperpigmentary disorders
Disorders of pigmentation - hypopigmentary disorders
Disorders of pigmentation - disorders of atypical coloration
Disorders of collagen
- Cutaneous asthenia Skin: cutaneous asthenia.
- Disorder of the footpads in the German Shepherd Dog.
- Focal metatarsal fistulation in the German Shepherd Dog.
- Multiple collagenous nevi.
- Nodular dermatofibrosis.
Disorders of vessels
- Familial vasculopathy.
This article is available in full to registered subscribers
Sign up now to obtain ten tokens to view any ten Vetlexicon articles, images, sounds or videos, or Login