ISSN 2398-2969      

Honeysuckle poisoning

icanis
Contributor(s):

Synonym(s): Lonicera


Introduction

  • Cause: English honeysuckle (Lonicera periclymenum) is the only species recognized to have any toxicity (low) Honeysuckle (Lonicera spp).
  • It is claimed to be poisonous in large doses, having only a very mild action.
  • Unlikely to cause poisoning in the dog as large quantites must be consumed to cause ill effects.
  • It is used as a herbal remedy. Used for laxative, emetic, antispasmodic, astringent, diuretic, and expectorant properties.
  • Diagnosis: history, clinical signs.

Want more related items, why not
contact us

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

We have an ever growing content library on Vetlexicon so if you ever find we haven't covered something that you need please fill in the form below and let us know!

 
 
 
 

To show you are not a Bot please can you enter the number showing adjacent to this field

 Security code