Your dog has been prescribed the active ingredient grapiprant for the control of pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis.
This information sheet is designed to help answer commonly asked questions and help you give the medication safely and effectively to your pet. It does not contain all available information for this medication. If you have other questions or need more information, contact your veterinarian or pharmacist. Always follow the dosing instructions provided by your veterinarian.
• For dogs over 9 months of age and weighing more than 3.6 kg (8lbs).
• Dosage: once daily.
• Do not give at the same time as other anti-inflammatory drugs (eg NSAIDs, aspirin, corticosteroids).
• Do not give pregnant, lactating or breeding dogs.
• Use with caution in dogs with liver, heart, kidney or gastrointestinal tract disease.
• Grapiprant is a sulfonamide drug. Caregivers with sulfa allergies should use caution when handling.
• Dogs that are known to have the ABCB1-Δ genetic polymorphism (the MDR1 Mutation) may require a lower dose of this drug to avoid adverse effects.