Your dog has been prescribed fluoxetine for the treatment of a separation anxiety or another behavioral problem.
• This medication must be prescribed in conjunction with behavior modification therapy.
• It may take several weeks of drug therapy before you see an improvement in your pet’s behavior.
• Your veterinarian may have prescribed a human drug containing Fluoxetine. Your veterinarian will explain the law relating to prescribing human drugs for use in animals.
• Use carefully, if at all, in dogs with epilepsy or a history of seizures.
• Remains in the dog’s body system for up to 6 weeks, so caution should be taken with using certain drugs (listed below) during treatment and for up to 6 weeks after treatment has stopped.
• Safety for use in pregnant of lactating animals has not been established.
• Dosage: once daily as prescribed by your veterinarian.
This information sheet is designed to help answer commonly asked questions and help you give the medication safely and effectively to your pet. It does not contain all available information for this medication. If you have other questions or need more information, contact your veterinarian or pharmacist.
Always follow the dosing instructions provided by your veterinarian.