Medication: Dexmedetomidine (oromucosal gel)
Your dog has been prescribed the active ingredient dexmedetomidine to alleviate acute anxiety and fear associated with noise.
• The dexmedetomidine is presented as a green gel for applying to the inside of the mouth.
• If the gel is swallowed it will be ineffective.
• Dexmedetomidine causes sedation in high doses.
• Gloves should be worn when handling the product.
• Dosage: according to dog's bodyweight. Redosing can occur every 2 hours for up to a maximum of 5 doses.
This information sheet is designed to help answer commonly asked questions and help you give the medication safely and effectively to your pet. It does not contain all available information for this medication. If you have other questions or need more information, contact your veterinarian or pharmacist.
Always follow the dosing instructions provided by your veterinarian.