= annotation - select to reveal
- The foal is in lateral recumbency under general anethesia affected limb uppermost.
- The entire limb has been finely clipped and aseptically prepared.
- The site of the surgery (elbow 163304 carpus) is covered in a sterile stiction transparent drape and the rest of the limb/body draped aseptically.
- A skin imision from elbow to carpus is made between the extensor carpi radialis and common digital extensor muscles on the craniolateral aspect of the limb.
- The edge of the skin incision is temporarily sutured to the plastic drape to decrease potential contamination.