= annotation - select to reveal
- A lateromedial view of the fetlock of a National Hunt horse that became acutely lame after racing.
- There is a large fragment which has been displaced proximally from one of the proximal sesamoid bones, but it is not possible to determine which sesamoid.
- One sesamoid also has a horizontal radiolucent line within it suggesting a further fracture.
- There are also minute bone fragments further proximally.
- Note there is also fragmentation in the dorsal joint which could be missed on an overexposed radiograph.