Restraint: tail tie
- If there is no assistant to hold the tail aside during a genital examination, the tail can be tied back in this manner.
- A quick release knot is used on the tail and also where the bandage fastens to itself over the withers.
- Note that the bandage is tied to the tail then passed OVER the mare''s withers first, not in front of her chest, then over the withers.
- The former method will prevent the bandage from slipping down and becoming loose during an examination.
- The tail should never be tied to an inanimate object.