Restraint: humane twitch – applied
Restraint: humane twitch - applied
- The humane twitch is thought to cause the release of endorphins in the brain which relaxes some horses.
- The aluminium rods are place on either side of the nose, the cord is then wrapped around the bottom of the rods.
- The twitch can be hand-held or left fastened to the horse.
- When finished release the twitch gently and rub the muzzle to restore circulation.
- Some horses behave explosively to such devices.
- The same effect can be achieved by using a hand twitch.